Posted Monday, September 23rd 2013 @ 7pm
HAVE AN ITEM?
Please forward your public service announcement (PSA) to firstname.lastname@example.org or to email@example.com. You may also leave a message for Wayne or Theresa at (504) 679-7300, Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
We take pride in Sunday Journal's being a community resource. We also appreciate and welcome the announcements that listeners send us about things happening in the community. Before you send in your announcement, please consider the following:
1. GIVE US TIME. Sending your announcement at least 2 weeks prior to your event will give us adequate time to consider your announcement.
2. JUST THE FACTS. Let us the know the who, what, where, when and why of your event. Being brief is a big help!
3. SEND IT IN WRITING. To ensure that your information is correct, it is best to send it in writing. To ensure a quick turnaround, it would be even better to send your announcement via email. If you email your information please include "PSA" in the subject line.
4. MAKE IT GOOD. Who will benefit from your activity? In other words, who will gain from your community service or where are the funds from your fundraiser going? This helps us help you present a more compelling case to attract the listeners to your event.
5. RELIABLE CONTACT(S)! Always include contact information so that listeners can have their questions answered. More importantly, please provide reliable contact information! The more convenient you make it for listeners to contact you, the better your chances of getting support.