15-year-old removes monitor just a few hours after getting it
A search was on Thursday in New Orleans for a 15-year-old who removed his electronic monitoring device just hours after he got it.
The boy was placed into the electronic monitoring program on Wednesday as part of a probation review. He had been charged with simple criminal damage to property and criminal trespassing.
Sheriff Marlin Gusman says his department received an alert at 1:30AM Thursday that the ankle bracelet had been removed.
Gusman says that "within minutes" the deputy assigned to monitoring the juvenile dispatched another deputy to begin a search for him.
The sheriff says that once the boy is apprehended he will work with the judge in the case to ensure that he remains off the street pending the resolution of charges.