Second time around for toll renewal leads to defeat last Saturday
DOTD announced Monday how drivers who pre-paid for toll tags on the Crescent City Connection can get their money back, after the second vote on toll renewal was soundly defeated last Saturday night.
To close your GeauxPass account and get a refund, you will need to:
- Provide a valid driver’s license
- Complete a standard closure form
- Complete a W-9 (Used to validate payee information for auditing purposes and required by law, and the IRS as proof that refund owed and paid to correct individual)
- Provide statement requesting to close account
- Be prepared to wait if requesting a check the same day
- Coming back to pickup the check or having the check mailed to you are other options.
You can click this link to get the necessary forms and find out where you can submit your request in person. Those with transponder toll tags will also have to turn those in to qualify for a refund. Drivers with the more recent toll tag stickers do not need to return them.
DOTD adds they are looking at what to do with the toll plaza structure. For now, drivers must continue to slow down to 25 miles per hour while going through the gates, and the department will monitor traffic and make further adjustments if needed.